“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 5, 2018

5th annual Haunted Humpday!!

What? it's here already???

Welcome, my creepies!!
It's the fifth annual


I'm so excited!


We made a yummy dessert to kick off the season!
Here's what you need:




okay, now you mix these together, then you bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes..that's it!
you can frost with cream cheese icing or leave plain..


I had mine with coffee while watching Coco:)






Hows your Halloween shopping coming along?
The shops have plenty of fun spooky items on the shelves right now!
I bought these "books" at the dollar tree.
Aren't they cute?




Look at this light up ghost! It's a set of three:)



I just received a gift from my daughter..she got it for me, just because.
It's a purse!!I love it!!


Since I have been healing and feeling better, I have had some fun creating some 
seasonal goodies.
I created a mini shrine for Dia de los Muertos.
I used a Lisa Kettell Designs sugar skull.




The little case it's in is from an old gift box I repainted.
After glittering everything and gluing the skull down, I added iridescent tinsel and wings.
This will for sure be on our large indoor shrine!


Have you watched any good movies lately??


This one is surprisingly good.
I wasn't expecting much..there was such hype surrounding it..
I tend to judge movies hard when that happens...
But I really enjoyed it! 
If you get a chance to watch this one, I hope you like it as much as I did.

I love when scary movies are released in the Fall!
Since I'm a fan of the 'Conjuring/Annabelle' franchise,
I'm looking forward to watching the latest film coming out this week:






 well, it's time for a short story..
whether it's scary or not, is up to you.



When I was a child
I had my crib in my parent's room, when I grew out of it, my crib was replaced with a twin bed.
My dad would put the closet light on and leave the door cracked open, 
so I wouldn't be afraid.
One night as I was lying in my bed, waiting for sleep to arrive, ... I noticed the light get a little brighter in the room.
I turned my head, expecting to see my parents coming to bed,
but instead I saw a dark shape floating in the corner of the room near the closet.
It was a nun.
She had on a long black habit, that undulated like smoke and her bright eyes were trained on me.
She started speaking to me.
Her voice was very calm.
She told me that my parents were going to die and I was going to be alone..
She said other horrible, obscene things..things I still remember but refuse to repeat.
I told her I was going to tell my dad what she said and she smiled and slowly drifted
 into the closet..I heard the door close then the light went out.
I honestly don't recall what happened after that. 





Well, that's it for now..I'll be back very soon..
leave a comment, or better yet, a link to your page with a creepy post
and you could win a small scary surprise!


goodnight!!

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, that pumpkin spice cake recipe will go over well for the workshop I'm taking at the end of the month. All class members have to bring some food to share. I spent 8 years in parochial school so even the word "nun" strikes terror in my heart. I have to admit most of the ladies meant well, but there were a few that should never have been allowed around young children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like spice cake but have never mixed it with anything. It looks tasty. That light-up ghost is perfect for the season! What a cute purse lol Quite the conversation-starter, I'd imagine. I love the idea of a seasonal shrine and have done that for some of the seasons through the years. Halloween is a good one to highlight, I think.

    I'm always watching movies, but I haven't seen A Quiet Place yet. I've missed the hype somehow but saw the lead actor on one of the nigh-time talk shows. It does look interesting.

    I haven't seen any of the Conjuring films. I tend to get distracted by older movies, so I often miss new franchises and then never catch up. I'll have to look for these. Thx for the suggestion.

    That's a _scary_ story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched a few trailers of The Nun, wish I had someone to join me. It really looks good/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have this fun annual event again. I want to make that cake. It looks YUMMY!!

    That tale left me wondering what happened next! What a way to leave a tale.

    I love your little Dia de los Muertos mini shrine. So glittery and cute. Thanks for this first installation of Haunted Humpday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marfi, first of all, I'm sending you good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery. I hope you're back to doing everything you love soon.

    I love your new name and banner! I'm so happy that you're doing Haunted Humpday again. Can't wait to try out the dessert recipe and check out A Quiet place. Your shrine is fantastic and you're new purse had me laughing out loud! Your daughters are the best!

    Sorry I haven't been to visit in such a long time but I think my insanely busy months are (hopefully) over. Here's the link to my post:
    https://calamitousbotanicus.blogspot.com/2018/09/happy-haunted-humpday.html
    (fingers crossed that it actually works, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin Spice and Eveything nice! OMG LOVE the Beetlejuice purse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful things here for the lovers of autumn and Halloween!!!
    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling Marfi, this is all so fabulous. I'm glad you're on the mend. I'll be watching for Haunted Humpday doings. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Haunted Humpday! Is it that time already? Wow! That cake looks so good! Thank you for sharing! Love your mug! That is such a cool purse your daughter gave you! Your sugar skull creation is wonderful! I love it! Cool decorations you got! I don't like what that "ghostly" nun said to you! Horrible! I would have been freaking!
    I am so happy you are feeling better!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marfi! I bought the ingredients for the pumpkin spice cake, but I couldn't tell which size can of pumpkin is needed. Is that the 15 oz can or the 29 oz can? I bought both! :-D Please email me at heathwave24@gmail.com Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great collection of spooky things! and i love the idea of the pumpkin spice cake. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Marfi, I love the shrine. I have been saving several cans from sardines to make shrines. I just need to do it. I am going to try the cake. My mom use to bake chocolate chip pumpkin cookies with walnuts, pumpkin bread with chocolate chips/walnuts, pumpkin donuts. I just love pumpkin flavor so much. I need to buy some apple spice scented sachets as well for my home and car. Take care. Christine

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)