“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Thursday, September 22, 2011

Practical Magic 2011

Hello!
it's been too long since we last spoke. Time has been passing very quickly, my gypsy wagon is almost ready and here we are all set for the amazing Practical Magic party Anna is giving.
I hope we are set...!
Let me tell you what happened one evening last week
.....I was looking for ingredients and what not to finish up my party post
pictures...when I heard a strange little noise, I looked up and saw a frog, of all things just sitting and croaking a happy little tune

I got closer and it hopped away a bit, I followed and it disappeared into a storage shed, it was starting to get dark, but I was very curious...I went in and saw so many interesting things!

what caught my eye though, was a large dusty old chest I'd never seen before..

I had to look inside!The lid creaked as I opened it, what could be in it?

I took the shelf out and found this too..

old family treasures hidden away all these years...a gypsy belt, and jewelry box carved of ivory, rusty spice tins and silver picture frames. And the most amazing looking antique doll, I lifted her from the chest carefully, her dress looked as though it could fall apart at any moment! As I held her I noticed a small scroll fall from her hands and land on the rug


I set her down and began to read the faded words...

next thing I knew,the doll was gone & there were frogs everywhere,
there were candles
and an old book lying on the table.


Something caught my eye... I turned and saw..... Maria! She was picking flowers..holding them in her palm...

I watched as she whispered words into her hands...the petals she gathered started to fly!

Once they floated away into the sky, she turned and thanked me for releasing her for the night
we spoke of many things then we climbed onto the roof and she convinced me to jump!!!

The fall made me dizzy so I sat on the grass for a bit...the sun coming in through the bedroom window woke me up..I was tucked into bed...it was just a dream I'd had!
none of it had happened..

I sadly got out of bed and went in to the kitchen and found breakfast waiting on the table, and a lovely little guest!


I swear that's what happened to me one evening last week....
Have a magical weekend.
leave me a comment if you wish...let me know you stopped by, i'm giving away the painting of the witch with the umbrella in two weeks:)

31 comments:

  1. A beautiful blog party you are having and I hope you have a magical weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful adventure. I would love the jump off the roof with Maria. So lovely.

    Blessings.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post...I believe it did happen, you have just been given memory dust to make it seem like a dream!!! Isn't jumping from the roof incredible, I so treasure my jump from last years party!!!!
    cheers with merri marquarita's!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my sweet friend
    are you sure this was a dream?
    it sounded so real!
    there were so many treasures there
    in that shed...the frog wanted you to have them all but sadly i think Maria did not...either way...it was a lovely story and i hope you find that frog again soon :D
    BEAR HUGS xxx
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marfi, you magical little sweetie...loved the story...enjoyed it. Continue having a magical weekend.

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marfi! What a beautiful Practical Magic post you created!!!! It was SO magical - and I loved every minute of it. :) I love your Maria Owens doll and your lovely witch painting. And chocolate cake for breakfast is just amazing...thank you!!!! :) xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the invite it is lovely to met you...your post is a magical and beautiful tribute to the movie and novel we all love... please pop over when you get time ... Hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marfi you dream is BEAUTIFUL! I would jump off the roof with her too and oh to awaken to that enchanted desert sky. You know I LOVE your dolly and the painting is bewitching...someone is going to be very lucky! Thank you for being a part of another amazing party. I couldn't have done it without you :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, magical, delightful post! I really enjoyed my visit here. Hope you can stop by for a PM cookie at my enchanted oven.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an enchanting story!!! I love all of your pictures....they are so magical....and your painting is beautiful! (I hope I win...hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your PM post. Very wondrous photos and alters ,and oh so creative. I had a great time at your party and the sweet treats were good. I hope you will come to my party:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely Giveaway for your painting!!

    Thank you for sharing your post with all of us to celebrate the magic of Practical Magic!

    Cheers!
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post! Happy 2nd Annual Practical Magic Blog Party! Hope you’ll drop by: http://digginaround.blogspot.com/2011/09/practical-magic-blog-party-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marfi, I loved your story! So creative and whimsical, like you...thankyou so much for the visit...have a wonderfully witchy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful story, thank you for sharing with us all. Love & light Trace )O(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you posted about Maria Owens...awesome idea! Thanks so much for the enjoyable read...truly enjoyed my visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post Marfi! It's just what I needed right now. You've sprinkled the magic dust right over top of my little world just now. Thank you so much. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your magical post. Was it all a dream or did your mind fly free while you slept, the possibilities of magic are unending.

    frith
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful dream and what a great breakfast to wake up to. Thank you for the great party !!
    Have a magical day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely and magical story!!
    thanks for sharing it with us :)
    BB,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was "ribbeting", Marfi :)

    So lovely to visit you here...and share in your magical dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So so talented... and a beautiful story as well !!
    Bless,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful, magical post! I believe Maria really visted you!

    Blessings,

    Victoria from Brushstrokes

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful "dream" party!! I want to jump off a roof with Maria!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Meanderings

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your story Marfi. You should write a book. You won't have to hire an artist for the photo's, you can do them all.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great story er... umm... dream! Thank you for sharing and illustrating with your photos. Have a blessed fall!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Marfi, what an enchanting party! I love the magical story you shared and the wonderful images. Hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet story! I really enjoyed stopping by... Bright Blessings,

    Dixienites@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this side of you, so creative and imaginative. I see where Helena gets it from. DONT EVER STOP!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun blog you have! Discovered it via Hollyhock Farm, who received a Liebster award from me, and who nominated yours in turn...its neat how we bloggers connect. The name of your blog appealed to me since I'm a bird person (my blog is named Bird/Like...)... enjoyed reading about you in your bio section. Cheers! Anne

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)