“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Haunted Humpday and a few prizes


Welcome back!
How was your week??
I would like to thank everyone  for visiting my party..
And thank you for letting me in on your King memories/favorite books,
I was beyond excited to read everyone's comments.
I'll announce the winners at the end of this post:)

We went to watch the NUN..
I really enjoyed it..I love to go watch a scary movie
that actually makes me jump.
I was very creeped out...
so much so, that I was nervous AFTER the movie ended. 
When were walking out of the theater I thought I could hear rustling 
behind us, even though we were the last ones out.




So, whenever I go grocery shopping, I'm always on the lookout
for Halloween themed food..
Some of them are so cute..
I remember finding jack-o- lantern macaroni and cheese one year!
For now, all I could find were cookies and cereal...

















We created some spooky crafts using a couple of Lisa Kettell's embellishments.
This is a Halloween Frankenstein , which I attached to a wooden heart
that's covered over in paper and fabric paint.




This is Helena's ATC
She used a sugar skull embellishment, ribbon and glow in the dark paint.




Ready for a story?
I do believe there is a slight chill in the air lately..in the wee hours anyway....
So gather close..


This is a story about a girl named Wendy.
When she was about ten years old, her parents divorced.
Her mother went from working part time, to full time.
That meant that she had to spend at least four nights a week at her grandmother's.
She loved her grandmother but hated her house,
it was old, drafty and creepy.
Every time she stayed the night, her grandmother would come in right before bed
and ask her if she had said her prayers.
afterwards, she'd tuck her in and say goodnight.
One night, she got in bed and fell asleep right away.
 Her grandmother went up to check on her,
but she was so deeply asleep, she just let her have her rest.
Wendy said she woke up just after one a.m.
she could hear a persistent clicking coming from the corner..
Since the window was open and the moon was lighting up the room, she turned over
and tried to find what the source of the noise was.
 High up on the wall, in the corner was a creature..
She said it was pale and bluish.
there were horns on its head..like a ram.
It had a longish tail and it was clinging to the wall about 5 feet up,
 watching her with bright reflective eyes.
the clicking sound were it's teeth..it looked like they were chattering.
She said she could hear a strange faint whispering, then realized that it
was talking to her..
 She closed her eyes and began to  pray
Gradually the noise stopped and when she looked up, it was gone.



She's older now, in her early fifties, and insists it was a demon..
& she doesn't know why it happened.
Her grandmother had the house blessed soon after and she never saw it again.


okay, this one was pretty weird..what do you think it was?

It's very late and I'm spooked..I think it's time to put out the fire and get to bed!
I hope you have an extra creepy Haunted Humpday!!!
..........................................................................................................................

Okay, now for the prizes!!
To those of you that had parties, in honor of the King (and posted about it)
Calamitus Botanicus..you won the
Pet Sematary novel and a large Stephen King art card..
Holly from Holly's Horror Land, you won the 'IT' wooden plaque and a large Stephen King art card.

Now, as a thank you, I am going to send everyone that commented on that post, their very own ATC.
I just need your mailing address and I'll get them out to you!
Thank you for celebrating his birthday with us!
I really appreciate your visit!
you can email your info to
Rallyhoowho@aol.com
or use the email button
(3rd button on the right side)
I promise I will take care of your privacy💖

Big hugs to you all!


13 comments:

  1. I think the kids would really appreciate if I started bringing some spooky and ghoulish treats home from the grocery store. You and Helena's atc's came out awesome as always. My apologies for missing the Kings Party. As for the spirit story I can relate, we lived in a house where my brother had night terrors and a man in a cape would fly around the room. Have a very Wicked Haunted Humpday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Marfi. I enjoy reading them each week. I really like the ATC Helena made. Did she make the skull herself? When I was a part of a card making group (which I need to rejoin) that was the one part I really liked were the ATC. You didn't have to participate each time, only if you wanted to. The best one was when the theme was denim. I found a card making group at the library and there was 70's hippy style pants. I found paper that looked and almost felt like denim. Each card, the pants were different style. Some even had belts that was a few strands of cross stitch sparkly thread. Have a great day Marfi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy creeped me out. Somehow I had trouble believing the reality of it all, BUT I am a scientist and a skeptic (grin).

    Last year I purchased some pasta shaped like Halloween characters: ghost, pumpkin, bat. It was fun to have it on Halloween with red (blood) sauce, since I'm more a white sauce gal. I haven't seen the Halloween themed cereal this year, but I guess I'm not looking. I DID see lots of Halloween goodies at Sam's this last week, though.

    Loved Helena's glow in the dark ATC. Great job, young lady!

    Hope your haunted hump day continues to be spooky and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy was lucky. Very lucky.
    And goodness how creative you are. Halloween isn't really celebrated here and the stores are the only ones I see with decorations. Most of them are totally lame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YaY, congratulations to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners. I saw some BooBerry, FrankenBerry, and Count Chocula cereal in Target. I also enjoyed the story. Happy Haunted Hump Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shops here in the UK are getting a lot of Halloween themed food, goodies and gifts.

    Interesting you went to watch the Nun, one of our sons was talking about this film earlier today … he's thinking of going to see it!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helena's ATC is spooky cute. Love it.

    I'm reading before bed, so... yep, I'll probably be thinking about the story as I go to sleep. If the horned-long-tailed fellow shows us, I promise to ask it what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, thank you so much! What can I say? Your artwork is always fabulous and I haven't read Pet Sematary so I'm looking forward to being scared half to death! The King is the best and so are you!
    You've really found a lot of cool and different types of Halloween cereal. Who knew there were that many varieties? Cute Frankenstein's Monster heart and ATC card, too.
    Your review of The Nun made it sound promising, although it will be hard to convince HM to go since he had so many bad experiences with nuns at school. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! Here's my link:
    https://calamitousbotanicus.blogspot.com/2018/09/catching-up-arrr-there-be-pirates-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've found some cool Halloween food! I love the heart and Helena's ATC! Very cool! Congrats to all the winners! Very kind of you to send out something for everyone Marfi! That story is very creepy!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm late again. I'll email you my address now. Thanks so much for the prizes! I ♥ your art! You are the sweetest hostess! Speaking of sweet, I must find those cookies and cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Haunted Humpday! So glad I found you again... I have a new computer & lost most of my bookmarks. Enjoyed the story (shiver). See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)