“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Monday, September 21, 2015

Stephen King's Birthday

It's the first day of Autumn!
I couldn't wait for this time of year...
The temps aren't as cool as I'd like...
at 2 a.m. it's 88 degrees  
but it's ok, it's supposed to rain later today
& even if it doesn't...it matters very little because
today is
 Stephen King's Birthday!!
 
 
 
This man is very important to me..
I've been reading him since I was a child.
His stories are pieces of time suspended in a bubble for me.
I know where I was when I read each and every book.

husband being mean?
Who cares?
 Go visit the people in Bridgton, Maine
as they try to find their way through an unending
Mist
Siblings acting like morons?
Whatever...
at least you aren't being chased down by 
the Boogeyman    
 
He has stood by me through thick and thin...
from the sleepless nights brought on by a newborn
to the all night vigils at the bedside of an ill parent.  
He is a man I can truly count on.
 
He can scare me with a simple set of chattery teeth.
He can horrify me with an innocuous hiking trip.
A peaceful red eye flight can go very wrong when you fly with him.
He's there to change your perspective, to make you realize
that the thing you've been afraid of is nothing compared to what can really happen.

I expect he will be around long after I am gone..his stories are timeless 
and therefor he is immortal.
 
we are having a party in his honor today..
you can read about it on this week's Haunted Humpday.
 
 
 
 

So to this lovely man 
that has both terrified and comforted me
 all on the same page..
 
Happy Birthday. 
 




1 comment:

  1. I love Stephen King too! He is the master. I didn't know it was his birthday.
    Great post! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)