“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Friday, June 29, 2012

Cookies & Stuff

Is it hot or what?
It was 106 degrees today,(it's going to be hotter tomorrow)
so Helena and I decided to bake some dashboard cookies.

They're super easy to make..
you can use prepared cookie dough, unless you want to pretend you're martha stewart:)

get a cookie sheet, put the raw cookies on it, then set it on the dashboard of your car.
they're usually ready in a couple hours, depending on how hot it is out there.
it's pretty much the only thing you can do outside in this heat...

thank goodness there's an air conditioner in my gypsy wagon, I'm almost done adding the finishing touches.... finally!
Been filling it with trinkets and treasures from yard sales, thrift stores....







and lovely artwork I've collected from a lot of you.

I want to have a itty bitty teensy reveal type party thingie soon...with big prizes and fun stuff...nothing too busy, it's much to hot for that don't you think?
and speaking of prizes..later this week I'm going to announce the winner of the fairy love potion!!!
I guess I've rambled on enough for now, have a great week-end and keep cool..
Oh!we might get some rain this week!!!!cross your fingers.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....This all looks like so much fun. I love collecting things from Thrift Stores and g. sales. You never know what you might find.

    I can't wait to see who the winner is for the Love Potion

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun post - love the tennies!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can bake cookies on your dashboard? Really? Wow that's hot!!!

    I can't wait to see more of your gypsy caravan, even the little glimpses look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting that your gypsy wagon is almost done!!! Yay!! The heat has been awful here too...and the storms we've been having....wow!! Can't wait to see the reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 106!!!! I guess it CAN bake cookies...wow! Try and stay cool. Your gypsy wagon is looking might chic. How fun to have one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dashboard cookies?! HAHAHA! That's hysterical! It definitely does get that hot where I am and in fact I'm still wearing sweaters because it's been so cold.

    I'll send rain your way, we've had plenty of it here in Seattle lately.

    I'm intrigued by your gypsy wagon! Wishing you a creative and blissful day and thank you for your recent visit. ;)

    xoxo
    ~Kell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try baking cookies on my dashboard too! We're coming up for a couple of 100+ days. Wish I had a super magical awesome gypsy wagon to escape to:) Got any room in there for one gypsywitch and her voluptous cat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How in the world did I miss this post? I love these cookies and have those same shoes! No kidding. Great minds, huh? ;-)

    I love what you have gathered for your gypsy wagon thus far and cannot wait to see the big reveal. Hugs to you, sweet Marfi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for the big reveal....squeal :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to try your cooking method for cookies! It's so hot right now...97 degrees feels 'cool' :(

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)