“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Almost Time!!


Happy Haunted Humpday!!
It's the second to the last one!
How?
I've been trying to create and bake and just savor
the delicious moments and memories that this season brings with it..
but it moves so fast!!
This weekend we made pizza and started watching
the exorcist..during the first half hour of the movie
half the string of orange lights one the mantle blew out and made our living room just a little bit darker.
let's just say we didn't finish the movie, lol
..........................................................................................................................
This week Helena and I created some really spooky art.
Since we are both on the Hello Lisa design team,
we were able to collaborate with Fuji Film and AC Moore crafts.
This is what we came up with:

Helena's creations... 
Fall scarecrow shadow box..


Witchy Owl on the town 
altered box lid



Pumpkin Carnival clipboard
 ...............................................................................................................................
These are my projects:

Witch's Market shadow box


October Cat clipboard





Little Witch's Tussie Mussie

All these projects were created using stock photos
from the Fuji Film Photo Creates Kiosk
you can find these in your local AC Moore craft store.
..................................................................................................

We made a Halloween Funfetti cake again..


................................................................................................................

Were you able to make to Holly's HorrorLand last week?
Her blog turned 8 years old..
She had a link on her blog that took you to the Funko Pop website
and you could turn yourself into a doll.
I had so much fun!
I turned everyone in my family into one..for now I will share the Marfi and the Helena dolls.

...................................................................................................................

Have you watched


Here's the trailer


.....................................................................
How about this one?
it has bad acting and a huge cult following...


trailer..

.........................................................................




So how's your weather been lately?
We are back up to 80's again..not surprising though.
But our nights are lovely, so I won't complain. 






Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
I had one in high school..
my mother had no knowledge of it btw:)
my friends would come over and we would play with it..
ask it the usual stuff..
Anybody here?
Does (whoever it was) like me?
Am I going to have children?
Am I going to get married? (I never was the one that asked that question)
 Eventually I threw it out..
I had more fear of my mom finding out
than anything else, haha!
It did scare us a few times, don't get me wrong..
& it would threaten and curse at one of my friends in such a terrible way,
he vowed never to play it again.
This next story is about a person I've known for a while..
Joshua and his best friend, Ed were on their way home from school one rainy afternoon.
 As they walked by a pile of trash cans they saw a Ouija board and planchette sticking out.
They dug it out and raced over to Josh's house..his mom worked until late,
so there wouldn't be any interference from a parent.
 When they walked in the rain really started to come down hard..
They were very excited because it added a creepy element to an already creepy situation.
Josh grabbed some candles, 
including a heavy vanilla candle that had belonged to his grandmother.
The lights were off, the candles were lit and the session began..
The board did not answer their inane questions,
instead it spoke of the future and it told each boy one specific thing.
 after a short while the boys became very frightened.
They decided to put it away,
suddenly a huge flame shot up out of the vanilla candle,
before they had a chance to put it out, the entire candle had melted down to the table.
He said it took about 10 seconds.
They looked where the candle had been..trying to figure out how they were 
going to hide scorch marks from Josh's mom.
Instead of burns on the table they found a oddly shaped puddle of wax..
It was shaped like an angel with a crying face.
He said it was intricate..delicate, even.
It looked carved.
When they saw the face they became more frightened than they had ever been before..
Chills were running up and down their backs as they ran outside to throw the board away immediately.

The next day everything seemed normal until Josh
arrived home and found his youngest sister playing with the Ouija board that he had thrown out.
She claimed to have found it on her bed the night before.
Josh tried to take the board from her but she
very uncharacteristically attacked him.
She screamed hysterically and raked her fingernails down his face.
His mother pulled her off of him and took her out of the room.
He then he ran outside and burned the board.
His sister never recovered..
she began to waste away.
The doctors claimed it was an infection, but could never find a cure.
she was put in hospice and eventually she passed away.
He still has the scars on his face..he said the night he and Ed played with the
board, it told him that his sister was going to die before the month was over.
 (He couldn't remember what the Ouija had told Ed)

..................................................................................................
Well, I'm about ready to go to bed...Helena and I went out just now and bought
hot cocoa and drove through one of the creepy neighborhoods, looking at the decorations..
we had so much fun!
.................................................
I hope this coming week is spooky and full of happy surprises for you!!
see you soon..

12 comments:

  1. Wow those are some scary stories ! How crazy that your lights went out while watching the Exorcist. That is still a very creepy scary movie to me. Any movie dealing with the Devil freak me out. I can handle the Freddy's, Jason's, Mike Myer's, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art work. i have had a few decorations going. Had a Ouija Board and hoped it would offer all my answers.It never did all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen The Exorcist, but it's one of those I didn't see when it came out and only came to later. Much later. I haven't seen Sleepaway Camp or House of the Devil.

    I still have the Ouija Board I had when I was young. I got it for Christmas one year, so the parents knew all about it. It is sometimes fun to scare yourself, and that's all it ever was for my friends and me. It hasn't been out of the box in years, but it's there on my book shelf should I tire of the horror films ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both sets of artwork.
    That is one seriously creepy story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a spooky story! I did play with one. I always wanted one and my mom bought it for me. I guess she didn't know it was against our Catholic Religion. My sister and played it but she freaked out about it. It said never to play it alone, which of course enticed me to do it all the more. I think I asked it what was I wearing and the color and it was correct. It freaked me. Then another time my friends came over and we played it. It freaked them out. We ended up throwing it away in the dumpster. I've never played with one since and never will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Helena and your creations -- especially the clipboards! I have one ouija board -- the public library was going to throw it out, and gave it to me. I gave them a 5-buck donation, nonetheless. I've been meaning to frame the board and use it for wall art, but have never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I’m still not well, I apologize for taking so long to visit. I am just now making it out of bed and able to sit for more than just a few minutes without chilling.

    OOPS, gotta run. Literally, not figuratively. But I'll be back after I get rid of this latest problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots to see and read, thank you.
    Loved the art :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I promised I would be back and I am. Congratulations to both you and Helena on both being on the design team and being able to hook up with such amazing sponsors. We don't have an A.C. Moore store here, but I have heard of them. I loved all the box lids Helena created. She is already an impressive artist. Of course, your tussie mussie was by far my favorite of the ones you made, although they were all fabulous.

    Had fun seeing how you made your Marfi and Helena dolls. That was clever.

    Sorry, never seen either of these films, and probably wouldn't watch them, since I'm not into gore. But I did enjoy (or maybe I should say appreciate) the Ouija board tale. Personally, I found it sad.

    Happy belated Halloween Humpday, dear friend. SO sorry I'm slow visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. … and I hope you have a fun and spooky week which is full of happy surprises for you!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good story & fun crafts! I've had a really busy week & just got the chance to ck in. Look forward to the next HHD since it will be on HALLOWEEN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marfi! Sorry I'm late coming around. Trying to catch up! I truly love all the items you and Helena made! They are amazing! So much fun! Sorry about the lights going out! That would have scared me! LOL! That cake looks so good! Big Hugs and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)