“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fairy matchbox

Wow did time get away from me! March is here and is it windy today!
Been working on lot's of cool projects lately & I can't wait to share it with you.
For now, I'd like to show you a matchbox I created recently for another swap.
Ive never really worked on a matchbox and I was a little intimidated to start ...but I figured, if I can turn it into a little person somehow, then I'll be good to go. So of course I decided on a fairy:)

This is the open matchbox filled with teeny goodies..

Then she was put into another box..

The inside lid...

I tried to get it to look like an apothecary, filled with bottles...




OK... I'm off to finish a project...I will be back here very soon with a magical give away!!!
I hope every one has a wonderful week, Happy March!

The images of the fairy and the apothecary bottles are from Lisa Kettell's book Altered Art Circus:)

8 comments:

  1. ~oh i love this faerie matchbox you have created...the sweetest of sweet filled with magical little bottles and tiny bits and bobs...this is just too cute...bright full moon blessings and much love~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marfi! This is just sooooo very beautiful!!!! :) Each piece is so magical. You put a lot of work into this. :) Thanks for sharing it. I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy March to you as well. I love your project....great color, textures....yeah it's grand. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! A true treasure to be cherished, Marfi....your partner is thrilled, I'm sure!!
    I would be :D

    Happy March to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so nice. I love everything fairy ... and I really love creations that are "little". I find they are more difficult to do but love the teeny tiny art.

    Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She turned out beautiful! I love the fairy apothecary you put her in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marfi, this is so beautiful and yes, it looks exactly like an apothecary. Your lucky partner is going to love it. Hugs to you, sweetie. Mina

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)