“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Friday, August 27, 2010

Shrine


I bought this little mirror about 2 years ago.I liked it and knew I wanted to change it,but up on a shelf it stayed,until now.
I removed the mirror,and repainted the whole thing,(it was a grayish brown shade)then I dribbled hot glue,beeswax and a little bit of melted crayon to camouflage the designs which were carved into it. they were fish and weird leafy things,that I didn't really like.Plus I wanted a bit of texture.You can still kinda see them but they aren't so bad now.
Her favorite canary figurine makes it a little more personal, as do the flower seed packets hidden in the little drawer.The sleeping cherub was mine,but I think she would have liked him.
Ok that's it for now, see you later for Pink Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. okay - I need to get motivated to get out stuff I have put away! cute!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. marfi everything about this is so lovely. What a brilliant way to camouflage the designs. I still want to try working with beeswax. I'm guessing this is your mom? She is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)