“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloweek-end

We try to make each day in October as spooky and fun as possible. It just doesnt last long enough!
I started decorating outside tonight, it's not much but since our main decorator is out of the country, it will have to do .This is what I have so far...

this  is right outside our front door.


This is Bandit. he was trying to play with the lens cap on my camera, and I got a bit too close, but it shows him in all his sulky glory.

We also made Caramel Apple bites tonight...
they're small and easy to eat.
This is what you need to make them:
4-inch lollipop sticks
Melon baller
Granny Smith apples (one apple makes about 8 mini apples)
Butterscotch or peanut butter chips
Chopped nuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, shredded coconut (optional)
Small paper candy cups
Instructions
First, cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier). With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple pieces dry.
Melt the chips according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in nuts, sprinkles, nonpareils, or coconut, if desired. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set.


There are a whole bunch of fun recipes and crafts for kids Here
Ok, now I'm off to watch a scary movie...

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend of family fun...Bandit included!! Love those carmel apple bites...I am going to try those! I agree, it does not feel like there is enough time to properly enjoy the season!!!!....so much to do....only a few weeks left!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it all. Especially the old tavern sign. I love the mini caramel apple recipe. I am definitely going to try to make those for the kids Halloween party.
    Spells and Wishes,
    WEndy from wondERland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your halloween decor is fabulously spooky & fun! Those caramel apple bites look really delicious. That is a great idea instead of using a whole apple. Just gives you a nice sized nibble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marfi I looove your archway and that tavern sign is fab!! Luna wants to come over and say hello to Bandit. She's quite partial to black kitties you know. And thank you for the mini caramel bites recipe. We forgot Sebastian's cake at my mom's so I might have to try this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great outside....and inside with those yummy apples!

    Bandit is one cute little kitty...Black all the way to the tip of his nose..heehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your entry way. Those mini caramel apples look delicious. I agree with you, October doesn't last long, I really wish Halloween was three months long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those would be yummy and fun!
    We have a little kitten that looks like your Bandit! I think dad just named him Greystone :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)