“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 27, 2017

October Eve Haunted Humpday..almost!

Here we are again at the last

of September!!

I want to thank everyone that dropped by my
Stephen King party,
We had so much fun making the decorations and setting everything up.
 I really appreciate your comments.

So how was your week?
ours was great..
we found another DVD to watch.
It's really good, & just a little gory.
Check it out if you want to watch something creepy.

" After her young son is killed in a tragic accident, 
a woman learns of a ritual which will bring him back to say goodbye, 
but when she disobeys a sacred warning, 
she upsets the balance between life and death."

Oh, I love these cookie cutters so much!!
one side cuts the shape, the other side is raised, 
to stamp the image on the dough.
Found these at walmart.



Look at how fun this is,
at Target for a dollar.
 It holds one incredibly soft and yummy cookie.
I love the little tin!



 This was also at Target!
He's weighted on the bottom so he stands on his own.
Don't you think his little face is adorable?



I made this witches cabinet a little bit ago, it's about 6 inches tall.
this is the front view:

The inside..
complete with potions, a spell book, a crystal ball..
everything you need to get everything you want!
 (high pitched cackle)

 Back :

Helena made this jar of eyeballs..
she used ping pong balls
a spooky label
and an empty pretzel container.
We got all of these supplies from the 99 cents store.



 By now you know how much I love
creating with Lisa Kettell Designs..
This is a
China Doll head. 
 She's plain white and you can paint her up however you want.
All of Lisa's products are very lightweight and
 easy to paint, glue & glitter.

I created Madame Leota
from the Haunted Mansion.
This is an 8x10 canvas
I used electric blue wool felting for her hair,
acrylic paints, glitter and scrapbook paper.
If you want to take a look at some of Lisa's magical products
click here.




It's been cool here in the desert..cool for us anyway,
the highs have been in the 90's and the lows in the 60's
that's pretty much Fall over here.
Either way, come sit next to me.
I have a little story..something that happened to me
a long time ago...
cozy?
good, now listen close..

 In 1998, my mother passed away suddenly.
It was right before her birthday in mid April.
The night before her viewing,
after my siblings went home and my dad went to bed,
my good friend asked if I wanted her to stay over and help me with the kids.
my daughter was 7 at the time
my niece, 6 and my nephew, 18 months.
Since my mom was usually the only person to help with them
I gratefully accepted.
My daughter asked if she could go with my friend to pick up some pajamas at her apartment across town.
I let her go but stayed home myself because I was worried abut my father staying home alone.
I didn't want him to wake up and not find anyone there.
I stood outside by the front door right near the orange tree we had there.
they got in the car,
I waved at my little girl as they backed down the driveway...
It was about 11pm and the neighborhood seemed so quiet
the only sound was the incessant singing of a mockingbird..
being early Spring the night was filled with their songs and chirps.
I remember feeling terrible because my mother adored them.
The scent of the orange blossoms was heavy and sweet.
All of a sudden the birds stopped singing..
I had been gazing up at the stars and began to feel ill at ease.
The quiet was louder than I could take.
Suddenly, my sadness turned into terror. I began getting chills.
I quickly turned to go back in the house
As I grasped the doorknob, I heard a loud noise up in the orange tree,
almost like a large animal had landed on the topmost branches..leaves fell on the ground
and I ran inside..
my scalp actually felt like it was moving on my head.
You know it might sound silly,
you can blame it on my grief, my over active imagination, my loneliness..
but in that moment, I was convinced that a monster was out there in the tree,
a boogeyman, The boogeyman, all dark and winged..grinning maliciously.
He wasn't there to kill or maim, just to scare me..
to show me that my talisman was gone and I was vulnerable to his evil now.
It took almost an hour to calm down completely.
By the time my friend and my daughter arrived home I was better...
still afraid to go out into the darkness, but better, none the less.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, and she happened to mention that, after losing a good friend
in a car accident this summer, she had a period of time where she felt very afraid..
not afraid of the deceased,
not afraid she herself was going to die,
 just afraid, almost like a primitive fear.
I told this very story and said maybe it's just something
 that happens when we lose someone close to us..
what do you think?
  


Okay the sun is out and the fire is low, so we must go back to our regular day..
I hope you have enjoyed this week's Haunted Humpday.
And I hope you have a spooky week.


see you next time! 



I

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marfi, fabulous post, so many gems and treasures, Madame Leota is enchanting. I absolutely love your witches cabinet, gorgeous and magical. Intriguing story about your fear( hugs about your mom), I believe fear can really set in us deep when we feel so vulnerable, and with great loss, it is as though part of the sacred fabric of life has been abruptly torn from our body/being/heart/aura..and we have to reweave it and heal and mend it to feel safe again.
    Wonderful post! I have one up now too!
    Happy HH, thanks for hosting!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a story! I do think we have enough primitive in us to sense danger, so I think you should listen to that inner voice! Also, I think evil loves to attack when we're at our most vulnerable, so it makes sense.

    Lovely art, and that little witch's cabinet is so, so cute! I'm enjoying your HH posts.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marfi, you put so much into these posts! I truly love them! I don't know even where to start? That little pumpkin guy from Target is adorable! Love your witches cabinet! Helena's eye balls are fantastic! Love the face with the blue hair!! I am sorry for the loss of your mom! Maybe we need to feel the fear at this time, to know we are safe? To bring the fear into our souls and love it? That was sure some story! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marfi,
    As always, your HHD is full of inspiration! You always have so many great ideas that I can't wait to try out.
    I'm so sorry about your Mom, I think the sudden loss of a loved one is about as bad as it gets and those times make us more sensitive and vulnerable to our inner fears. Thanks for sharing your story.

    My post is going to be a little (ok, probably a lot!) late this week because I'm traveling. Hope to be back soon.
    Thanks for another great HHD! Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to feel that primitive fear, it makes us feel more human and aware of our inner senses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the witches brew potion cabinet. On your story about loss. After my sister dying, I felt like a part of me died. I felt guilty it was her and not me, then I jealous she was gone and with our parents and not me. Left alone. Getting better about it though.

    You wrote so well with your words. Consider writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My week has been a bit long (okay, it was probably the same length as the others, but my tummy has been a wee bastard and that made it feel long lol).

    I love the wee Jack and his creepily cute grin, and your cabinet. About the question at the end of the tale, I think the mysteries and feelings that come with death have uncanny effects on all of us.

    May your weekend be wonderful. Hug your angel for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Your posts are just the coolest... now that's what I call celebrating an awesome holiday season!!! YEAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)