“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Welcome to the first Haunted Humpday in October!
It seems to fly by so quickly..
Did you do anything special yesterday?

The weather here has been wild!!
Hurricane Rosa has brought us rain/flooding and lower temperatures.
I know it's dangerous and many people have needed rescuing ,
but it has been so nice having weather this cool..especially in October!

 Have you watched


 It's on Netflix..
I loved it!
make some popcorn and get cozy under a warm throw!
Here's the trailer...









 I found some more Halloween treats the other night..
This is my absolute favorite cereal of all time..
the fact that they are bat shaped is a total plus!!


I'm not a fan of the glo-balls, but the scary cakes, which are
just cupcakes, are great.

Stopped at Michael's and World Market
for these awesome goodies..



I love this little gift bag..I'm probably going to frame it.


This book is amazing!
The drawings are so vintage looking..


it kinds reminds me of the movie, 
'Meet me in St Louis'
there's a really cute Halloween scene in it.




Ooh, I got a new book of scrapbook paper!
the Halloween paper craft items are 50% off right now at Michael's.


I used a Lisa Kettell Penelope doll embellishment
to create this fun Beetlejuice character.
I added a bun made of wool felting
a construction paper collar and pipe cleaners.
You can find lots of fun things at her etsy shop
and her inspirational Instagram


I stopped at 7-Eleven the other morning 
and found all kinds of Halloween in there!
I want to try the "booger pop"
haha!









Real pumpkins!





I know these are not Halloween, but OMG aren't they cute?



A costume section!?!


pretty cool, for a convenience store.


A friend of my niece told us this story..
Trisha lived in a very rural area, in Iowa.
When she was much younger and learning to drive
she was warned by her parents
to never, ever pick up hitchhikers, especially after dark.
Especially near the corn field. 
they told her it was bad luck!
This girl..so excited to be driving on her own finally,
agreed to whatever they asked.
Trisha didn't believe their silly superstitions.
She figured once she was out and about on her own, she would do what she wanted.
A few months after getting her license
she was given permission to pick up her cousin and drive to the movie theater
which was about fifteen miles away.
This was a big deal, as it was already getting dark outside.
As they started out, they happened to notice 
a man walking along the side of the road with his thumb out..
feeling mischievous, she stopped near him, her cousin, freaked out and reminded her
about the 'rule'
(her parents had the same one)
Trisha said 
"That's just crap our parents say to scare us..they don't want us giving our friends rides,
 because we'll be wasting gas."
when the man reached the car, she drove forward a few feet, leaving him behind,
keeping an eye on him in the rear view mirror.
He caught up and as he reached out to grasp the door handle,
she did it again.
The man stopped and watched her
but
she gestured to him to come along .
As he reached out again, she floored it and sped out of there as fast as that old
car could go.
Her cousin was very upset by this time and wanted to go home.
Trisha was disappointed, she said she was just trying to have a little fun.
They were going about forty mph at the time.
They heard a loud pounding coming from the back of the car..
Her cousin immediately said
"This is because you stopped for a stranger! this is our bad luck, our tire is blown out!!!!!"
That's when Trisha noticed the man running along side of the car, punching the side..
that was noise they heard.
She slammed her foot on the gas, the car zooming up over sixty.
The man kept up right along the passenger side window
slamming his palm against it.
The girls were both screaming and crying.
His hand and face looked skeletal...
Trisha said she barely noticed when the car stopped speeding and started to slow down.
no matter how hard she pressed her foot down.
All of a sudden, the man was no longer there..he was just, gone.
The car rolled to a stop and they sat in darkness.
She tried to start the car, knowing it was pointless..
When she turned the key and the car started right up, they went straight home.
Trisha told her parents that they had heard the car making a strange noise, so they came home.
It's something that scares her to this day.
................................................................
What do you think that was?
If you can believe it, that's not the first time I've heard a story similar to this.
Has anything like this ever happened to you?





Sorry it's so late this week!
I had a problem with the wifi for some reason...maybe the weather??
anyhow, have a wonderfully wicked week!!
see you soon:)


11 comments:

  1. Isn't October a wonderful month!
    Our weather in most parts of the UK has been good and we enjoyed a lovely afternoon walk recently.

    Hope your weather improves soon.

    You've got some good goodies there :)

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been having fun.
    I have heard similar stories to that one - except that when she got home there were DEEP scratch marks along the door and side panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read that book I thought it'd make a good movie! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. We haven't bought Halloween candy yet, but soon. I love your festive decorations. That bag will look great framed.

    I've heard similar tales. Back when we were kids we scared each other by telling it-really-happened stories we had heard had happened to other people. Shivers down the spine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your stories! Thank you so much for keeping up this "tradition"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I sent a message earlier today, but apparently it got lost in the ether (Halloween ether, at that).

    OMGosh, that Netflix movie is far too scary for me to sit through. Just the trailer had me shaking.

    Loved the treats you continue to find. I can't believe Hostess comes up with yet another way to sell those ungodly and unhealthy cakes we all can't seem to get enough of.

    I want that book. I am always on the lookout for anything vintage. And I wish my Michael's had that fabulous paper. Their supply of Halloween stuff is nearly extinct. LOVE your little doll. You are a walking advertisement for Lisa! She should give you a commission.

    Sorry, I never had a car act that way before, and I'm sure I never will. I'm too much a doubting Thomas.

    Again, sorry I'm late. I REALLY thought I had published something before I left for shopping early in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen the movie, but maybe I'll recommend it to Himself. Wow, you found some cool Halloween decorations. I was disappointed when I was out looking there was hardly anything out. The doll you made is cute, I'll skip the Booger candy, and the story might make me dance [with fright] on the bed. I shouldn't have stopped by so late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think my first comment went through, but I love Haunted Humpday. Now I want to think of my own haunted story and join in Halloween Humpday! No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!! I do know that story! Awhile ago, I was working for a large company that was located outside a small town in Illinois. It was surrounded by cornfields and a co-worker told that story at lunch one day. It was all I could think about as I was driving home in the dark after working late that same night. Out of the corner of my eye it seemed like there was something running alongside my car but next to the fields. When I looked straight at it, there was nothing there. It still freaks me out to think about it to this day.
    You do really have a knack for finding Halloween goodies and decorations, even at 7-Eleven! Who knew? I'm lucky if I find Bones Cheetos at Target, ha!
    Miss Argentina is so cute, such a great movie though I haven't watched in years - thanks for the reminder. Might have to pass on The Ritual, the trailer was frightening enough!
    I'm currently traveling but I'll get my next post up soon. Stay dry, hope your weather isn't too terrible. Happy Humpday!



    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make the best Halloween posts! Love all the great items you found! Barf pop, yuck! LOL! Love the doll you made! That story is too freaky for me! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet Trisha stop being so playfully mean. I've never heard story exactly like this one, but I saw an episode of Tales from the Crypt that was very similar to this one. In it, a woman hits a hitchhiker with her car and doesn't stop to help him, so the dead guy pops up everywhere afterwards (starting in her car) saying, "Thank you for the ride." It was creepy.

    I love the candle holder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that I've at least started the Ritual, but I think it was one evening when I was super sleepy and I think I slept through it.
    I'm definitely going to have to check out 7-11's stuff. I haven't been in one in quite some time.
    That story is creepy! Ive never heard it, but I like it! Thank you so much for sharing and giving us the heads up on the treats. The book and doll looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)