“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Haunted Humpday, The End




Welcome to our last Haunted Humpday of the season!

This month has really raced by.
I even missed last week's H.H.
I was distracted and it came and went:)

Do you have big plans for the weekend?
I love that Halloween is on a Saturday!

We have lot's to do this week..
I'm finishing up Helena's costume,
She's going to be Jordy Verrill.
I'm actually working on making a 'meteor' for her to carry.


we'll see how it ends up...
I'm excited about it.



We watch scary movies quite a bit here,
but now that we are in the home stretch for Halloween
we watch one every chance we get..
Last night we watched
The trilogy of terror
It's an old TV movie from 1975.
If you've not seen it
it's three really creepy tales.
Theyre all pretty good but the last one
"Prey"
stands out.
It's about a woman that buys her boyfriend a wooden Zuni fetish doll
called 'He who kills'
 of course the dolls comes to life 
and tries to live up to it's name.

It might look a bit silly but it really scared me when I was a child.


We also watched 
'I am legend'
(which is about the world taken over by vampires)
Another goody from the incomparable



and by the way, if you get a 
chance, read the novel, it's fantastic!

So have you decided what amazing treats you will be serving up
at your Halloween dinner this year?
I found more ideas on Pinterest:










Do you ever do anything stupid, like really really stupid..just to try and get spooked?
I do..
Not long ago, I had the brilliant idea to go out driving early in the morning...like 2:30 am early..
there are many many rural areas around this city...
There's one place that has old burned ruins..it's interesting and creepy..
a perfect place to get that Halloween spirit going.
Anyhow, we set off then put music on from various exorcism movies that have come out..
Well whatever thread we were listening to not only had the music on, but there were also
audio recordings from actual exorcisms.
After listening to a couple of seconds of this infernal screeching
I asked what the Hell we were listening to..
Once we found out what the real source was
we became hyper aware of our surroundings..
full moon...sky..fields.. haystacks...Satan probably watching us from behind the haystacks..
Sooooo we turned the car around to get our asses back home ASAP!
It was quiet for a few minutes
but then a bird flew out towards the car!
The scream that we all emitted put all those possessed people to shame...
needless to say, we wont be doing that again:)





Let's huddle together one last time this season..
The air is chilly and the tart scent of caramel apples is floating on the breeze around us...

I'd like to tell you about a dream I had a while ago...

I was visiting my cousin at the old ranch they lived in
when I was a child...
There were many apple and pecan orchards surrounding
the house and outbuildings,
Of course, in my dream everything was strange and unfamiliar,
the house was larger and it seemed dilapidated.
The paint was peeling off the walls and the doors didn't quite seem to fit the frames.
As we wandered around the property
we noticed the darkness creeping in very quickly...
My cousin suddenly panicked
grabbed my hand
and began pulling me toward the house.
Once inside
she slammed the door to the room we were in
and locked it with a hook and eye.
The door itself seemed too narrow and short for the frame.
I looked at her to ask her what was going on and she told me that as soon as the sun set,
a terrible evil began to roam the halls.
then she got on her knees and began praying loudly.
I tried asking again what the heck was wrong with her but
she continued praying and began gesturing for me to kneel too.
All of a sudden
the door began pulsing and a loud pounding could be heard throughout the house.
I saw a pair of bright yellow eyes looking in through the space between the door and the frame.
It's lips were cracked and the long black tongue in it's mouth appeared forked.
Very quickly, I began praying..
The demon that was outside the door began laughing maniacally
then it too, began to pray with me in a terrible mocking singsong.


 
Come back soon..
I'll have a few pictures to post from our actual Halloween adventures..
Plus I have a Bride of Frankenstein canvas to give away!!

Have a wonderful
safe
magical
Halloween!










4 comments:

  1. Your scary stories freak me out! The cheeseburgers are so cute! We're baking little candy corn shaped cakelets tomorrow. I've enjoyed your haunted humpday posts, Marfi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the "Trilogy of Terror" when I was young, too, and the Zuni doll story really, really stuck with me. It moved so fast, making that horrible sound... and those TEETH! Anyway, I am sad to see another Haunted Humpday season draw to a close. Enjoyed it so much, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the story out loud to all the kids, there eyes got wide!!! Good thing it's morning time not night. Sad to see another season go by so fast, and I do enjoy haunted humpday. I'm freaking there is so much to do before Saturday, but hopefully I'll have the phone out to take pics of all the hallow festivities. Happy Hallow's Eve Eve Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you crack me up... I felt like I was there with you... and what a hysterical memory that Bad Idea will be for the telling for many times to come! *ha ha ha* And I remember that Zuni Doll movie... too funny and yet during it's Era, yes, it was frightening! Of coarse the original Dawn Of The Dead Zombie Cult Classic is hysterically BADLY made by Today's standards and yet it was the catalyst for all Zombie Infatuations and Trends to come! *smiles* Hope your Halloween was Fantastic! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)