“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Monday, September 20, 2010

Spooky Monday

Well, we have been getting ready for Halloween since July..I know, I know! I can't help it, I love it!!
We watched Some scary movies this weekend, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Carrie,and some silly Goosebumps DVD about huge ants...
My niece carved a pumpkin,

We made some snacks, which, by the way,were so good it was, well, Scary!
they are cake bites,and we used coconut cake mix and coconut icing, with the chocolate coating.....!
We have made these before and they were delicious,but this flavor combination was awesome.

Last week I mentioned the ghost that haunts our hallway...I captured his image before he could dissipate.

Oh yes, the pumpkin patch girl, she came to live with us many years ago on a dark stormy Halloween eve,she guards our bookcase all year.

One last thing, I got these slippers last week! forgive the dog hair, Carter, likes to lie on them.
This is Carter,

This is what he likes to think is his new bed,


Take a look at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland for some more spooky fun!
Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Those slippers are a HOOT. I loved them and the ghost. Glad you got a photo before it disappeared into the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Fabulous post..very festive...and I love Carter...what a sweet little soul! Happy SM!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of Halloween since July too-are we crazy? Nah-just wanna have fun-love your dog Carter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, there's the chocolate I spied. MMMMM ... it's lunchtime and now I'm hungry!
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)