“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, April 28, 2019

Looking for my muse.......

I mentioned having a bit of a creative block on my last post..
Feeling like I couldn't start anything from scratch, I decided
to play with some old Starbucks bags..
 
After I altered each image I cut it out
 and glued them to 5x7 canvas.
This is what I ended up with

Coffee Witch
 
Coffee Vamp

 
Coffee Goddess



I Think these creations might help me get out of my slump.
What do you do to get inspired??

I'll be back soon!

M

10 comments:

  1. Your coffee muses are so fun and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of these. You may have started with the starbucks images, but you made them all your own. I was quite impressed and was glad to see this may be what you needed to get over your slump.

    What I do to get inspired is visit blogs and look for inspiration by organizing my various stashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Love all of these very different takes on the 'theme'.
    I turn to nature when I am stuck/overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coffee women! I'm having good luck using the prompts I find online for inspiration, but I only do ATCs and they are so little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marfi, Those are great. I love the last one. When I get in a slump I'll look one pinterest for ideas. Funny, I can find one and try to make it but end up with something differen (which is good)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starbucks never looked so good! Hey....maybe you should run it by them?? They could use them as seasonal bags or something.... Glad to see your muse is at least visiting....Mine is still MIA.... What do I do to get inspired?? I really do find that reading blogs help...Even if they may not share my same craft or art, the change of perspective always seems to motivate. And, for some odd reason, cleaning and purging also seems to thaw out frozen creative juices (but don’t worry....I do NOT have the cleanest/clutter-free house on the block LOL).... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your three coffee muses are so colourful, I like them :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drive by a Starbucks each day. I just happen to look over that way today and saw the symbol. I immediately thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic! Keep going! Sometimes we all need a break, so don't force anything! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Coffee Goddess I really like! My Inspiration lately is coming from Nature, I just Love Spring!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)