“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Haunted Humpday = movies, dinners and corners


It's here again.
Hope you had a creepy week, haha!

We found the pumpkins...last Thursday a shipment arrived at the grocery store near us.
We're so excited...!



Have you watched any scary movies lately?
We just went tonight and watched
The Visit.



It was so good!!
very odd...and unexpected.

One of the things I look forward to most at movies are the previews.
There's one coming out in 2016
that looks extremely interesting.



Here's the trailer..



I can't wait!!!!! 






so are you planning out your Halloween dinner yet?
We used to have a great one every year...
except for the past few years..they turned into a "fast food" nightmare..
now that things are better and back to normal,
I'm looking for creepy recipes for our dinner this time around.

I found this one..


It's a meatloaf!
It's only slightly nasty...still kind of cute right?
there are other recipes that are so damn disgusting I'd probably puke
attempting to eat it. 
Here's a great site with a bunch of gross/cute ideas.





Last week I talked about the pine cones we gathered
and the silly Halloween creatures Helena made..
Here's the Bigfoot I mentioned her creating for this week.
She named him Sam-squatch.




I have a winner for the planchette I felted last week!



It's Laura 
From Laura's Favorite Things.
Congratulations...!!! 






It's bad luck to walk under a ladder. This came from the early Christian belief that a leaning ladder formed a triangle with the wall and ground. You must never violate the Holy Trinity by walking through a triangle or you be would be considered in league with the devil.
The ladder and the wall form a corner, of sorts...
when you break the triangle the devil is supposed to appear...allegedly.

This thing happened when I was probably around six
When my nephew was born my brother's wife would bring him
over so my mom could see him.
One night, she put him to bed in the back bedroom and went into the living room
to visit with my mother.
She went to look in on him periodically, he was only two months old at the time..
She went back in to check him then
My mother heard her calling for her frantically 
when she entered the bedroom
she was holding the baby and crying...she had him in a carrier in the middle of a queen size bed, but when 
she walked in..he was across the room in the corner, still in his carrier.
Our family dog, went in to be nosy, I guess because of the commotion,
and immediately began barking viciously at the corner of the room where the baby had just been.
the dog's hackles were up and it wouldn't stop barking no matter how many times my
mom called to it.
My mother and my brother's wife began walking out of the room
scared already..as  they began walking to the door, the lights in the room went out.

 
My dad insisted it was only a nervous old dog...and a fuse that blew..
my brother's wife never went back though.
She was convinced there was something in
 that corner that meant to harm her baby.
What do you think??


As usual, thank you for stopping by this week...
leave a comment and next week you could win a mini imp of your own!!

See you soon!!






4 comments:

  1. I bet I will end up purchasing pumpkins before a trip to the pumpkin patch can be planned. I got goosebumps watching the movie trailer,sounds like a date night for me and the hubby. I will check out the weird gross food website with the kids, they love that stuff. Dinners always get thrown off weird on Halloween but this year it's a Saturday so full celebration is a must. Helena is so crafty, wonder where she gets it from (wink).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story just gave me a serious case of the Heebie jeebies!
    Some of my family believes that my Mum's house is haunted. I grew up in that 100 year old house and nothing spooky that I can remember. But, my daughter said last time we slept over, she was awakened by a note played on the piano when no one was near it. She also said she heard a man's voice call her name....this all from my daughter who used to see dead people for a short time when she was about 4. Totally freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won? Wow! Thanks! :-)
    Every time the ad for The Visit comes on when I'm watching TV it freaks me out. Now I'm even more freaked by the trailer for The Witch. I will definitely want to see that! Scary stuff about the baby in the corner. have a great week!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to felting and to quilting. I want to try and wet-felt a few small items to include on a Halloween table runner. Would be grateful for any hints, suggestions, etc you could pass along :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)