“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Haunted Humpday for a King


Hello again..
As you know, Monday was my favorite author's birthday.
This Haunted Humpday is dedicated to him.



I woke up to thunder and lightening!!
The morning was gorgeous...
Dark, dreary, and then it started raining :) 

This was the first movie we watched.


Then, 

Helena got to watch her favorite during lunch..


She wanted to craft while we listened to some stories on
the Night Shift audio book.
We made Manglers...
(in case you're not familiar with the story, here's a plot summary from Wikipedia)
 A police detective investigating a sudden rash of grisly deaths caused by an industrial laundry press machine discovers that, through a series of unfortunate coincidences that lead to certain ingredients (blood, herbs etc., used in an old spell to summon demons), the machine has become possessed by such a demon.
The story ends after the detective and his friend underestimate the demon's power; 
and in seeking to exorcise the machine, they instead goad it into ripping free of its moorings and prowling the streets in search of fresh prey.

This is hers..


This is the one I made...
it's all pale and washed out because 
I didn't use as much red paint as she did. hahaha



We set up our table with some of our past artwork..
This is a Mother's Day gift from my little imp:) 



I painted this in January.



Helena came up with most of the titles to these items on our "menu"
Pet semetary pizza..
She asked me to cut all the pepperoni into tombstone shapes.. 
Desperation hot dogs.
Tom Gordon trail mix,
 which was basically m&ms, mini marshmallows and peanuts.
 A dessert that looked like a meteor.
Pig blood punch.
And our very special Father's Day Cake.  
(not all the food was available to photograph, unfortunately, lol)




Meteor sh*t
(don't worry, it's just a giant cake pop)



We lit the Father's Day cake and made wishes.




We ended the night with this..



and this..



There were presents too!
She was getting ready to go to sleep by this time but before she got in bed
she surprised me with the little gift she made for me..
It's a Langolier!





 and a ring she bought me
on her last shopping trip with my older daughter! 




These are the gifts I made for her..
This is Jordy Verrill from Creepshow..
He's a felted fellow.



and a tiny painting...





We had a great time!
We couldn't watch every single one of our favorites...
But maybe this weekend we'll catch up on more.

I'm not going to add a scary story this week because nothing compares to this
man's masterpieces..
But I would like to recommend a story that is especially chilling.
Read it with the covers pulled up over your head!!
  

Thanks for joining us for this very special edition of 
Haunted Humpday...
Have a spooky week!


6 comments:

  1. Ahh, Marfi, as usual, a very fun post. I too am a big Stephen King fan. When I was pregnant with my first, almost 39 years ago (he turns 39 the 28th of this month), I was already a week late and miserable. I was living with my parents since my now ex was sent by the army to San Antonio to wait out my pregnancy before sending him and later us, to Germany. Anyway, one day I went to Walgreens with my mom and as she was doing her shopping, I went to the book section (do they even have one anymore?) and I saw some sweet, sappy little love story and next to it was "Salem's Lot." I checked them both out, put the sappy one back and purchased "Salem's Lot," by an author I'd never heard of, but it sounded good...vampires...who can go wrong with that!! My mother was shocked I'd read such things....I should be reading beautiful stories since I was entering a beautiful new part of my life. I told her maybe it would scare this baby out of me!! LOL No such luck, he hung in there for another 2 weeks, but I will say this, he loves Stephen King, and many other horror authors...I guess my legacy to my boy!! LOL Oh, and he has my copy of "Night Shift."

    Anyway, loved your post and hope all is getting better...sounds like it. Take care and call sometimes when you get a chance...love ya.

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very scary evening. I think I've only read one or two of his books (Insomnia comes to mind) but I loved the movies Carrie and Pet Sematary. I need to read more of his books! Happy Haunted Humpday!
    Happy Autumn!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helena is so lucky to have a Mom like you! Damn you guys do some fun stuff. I hope you two have a blessed Equinox filled with all the celebration that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book by King was "Salem Lot" -- the one book that convinced me to turn every light on in the house. And the worse part was, I didn't want to put the book down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the two of you had great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read everything by King, but I stopped in my 30's for some reason. Maybe I should look him up again.

    Happy belated Humpday, it looks like you're having loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)