“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, April 11, 2010

4/14/32 - 4/11/98


On April 11 1998 at about 12 p.m. 
,my mother Mercy had a massive heart attack and passed away.It was the day before Easter, and I was getting ready for work.
She knew she was going to die, all that week she spoke of nothing else but refused the doctor's visit.
That morning I woke up and couldn't really shake the nightmare I'd just had...
I'd been walking on a university campus and the wind was roaring and coming from every direction,
 debris was flying around.
The most noticeable were light blue tissues, Kleenex, being pushed along.. 
 I was in awe of just how many there were. There was a feeling of intense fear.
I continued walking along and saw that I was approaching a fence or wall, don't know which, I just know it was very tall. 
At the base of the wall, all the tissues were piling up on a form, at first I thought it was a person,
then I noticed it was a figure made of wood, heavy and still. 
I woke up and didn't understand the fear I'd had of something so simple.
I finished getting ready for work, went into my mother's room quietly, since she was still sleeping,
and got a bottle of hairspray, I went to close the door and I stopped, and looked at her.....I called out to her softly and she didn't wake up so I said it again, louder and I rattled the doorknob.....
The chaos that followed will never be forgotten. 
My daughter was 7 years old at the time, my niece, 6
 my nephew, 18 months.
The wind that started up that day when the ambulance got here was unbelievable, like the four corners were opened up and poured over us, it came from every direction.
I remembered my dream the day of the viewing, I walked over to see this figure, heavy and still.
She loved flowers and could plant one seed and make a hedge of them, 
she could sing beautifully and did often.
She loved song birds and had many.
The food she made cannot be duplicated, the advice she gave me was always honest.
It's been twelve years. I miss her everyday.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your post about your dad, i noticed that on the linky was a beautiful lady who too seemed to be a sad post. I came here to read and seen that it was about your Mom. Again my condolences for your losses. I still have my Mom who will be 92 and still wants to do it all herself. She is slowing though. Take care and despite all, try to have a good year.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)